Junior Buyer, fishing
Place : Head Office (Laval)
We are currently seeking a candidate with knowledge of fishing equipment and a great understanding of the Ontario and Quebec markets to fill this position at our Laval headquarters. You are known for your in-depth knowledge of trends in this market, ability to manage several mandates successfully and passion for retail.
Reporting to the Head Buyer, the chosen candidate will participate in the purchasing activities of the fishing portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the procurement process to optimize inventory levels;
- Carrying out market analyses in order to update the programs;
- Documenting, drafting and presenting performance assessments for your category;
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities related to market trends;
- Fostering relationships with our suppliers;
- Taking part in designing the catalogue sections related to your portfolio;
- Acting as a link between operations and suppliers in your category.
We are seeking a candidate with the following profile:
- Experience in purchasing or retail;
- Extensive understanding of the Quebec and Ontario fishing markets;
- Excellent communication skills, both in French and in English;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.