Fishing day with Cyril Chauquet
1. All participants must fill out a participation ballot to enter the contest. Neither purchase nor answer to any questions is necessary. This contest is open to Canadian residents aged 18 years or older.
2. All persons eligible to participate in the contest must complete the participation form between June 29th 2020 9 a.m. and July 13th 2020 at midnight to participate in the draw. Only one entry is necessary to participate in the contest.
3. The prize consists of a fishing day with Cyril Chauquet as well as a fishing kit worth $500 offered by Cyril. The date will be determined after the draw. The date must take place between August 1st, 2020 and July 1st, 2021. The location will be determined by SAIL Plein air inc. and will be less than a 2-hour drive from Montreal. The winner will be responsible for paying for his/her own fishing rights (fishing license, etc.).
4. The prize cannot be exchanged nor reimbursed.
5. The contest rules will be available to the general public online.
6. The draw will be held at the SAIL Plein air inc. head office on July 14th, 2020.
7. The winner will be contacted by telephone or by email during the week following the draw.
8. The name of the winner will be drawn randomly between all entries collected. In no case will the winner be the object of a fixed selection.
9. The draw will be done by the SAIL Sponsorship and Partnership Manager.
10. All SAIL and SPORTIUM employees, including members of their immediate family, suppliers and SAIL’s representatives and/or partners, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
11. Limit of one (1) subscription per person.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any entry that is incomplete, falsified, and/or late, will be automatically rejected and will not be entitled to a prize.
2. Non-compliant participation. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of any person entering this contest or attempting to enter in a manner contrary to the Contest Rules or in a way that is unfair to other Entrants (i.e., exceeding the allowable limit of entries, hacking, etc.). This person could be reported to legal authorities.
3. Acceptance of the prize. All prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to the what is described in the paragraph dealing with prize substitution. All expenses, costs, local, provincial and federal taxes and sales taxes resulting from the win and acceptance of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
4. Prize substitution. In the event that, for reasons unrelated to the winner, the Contest Organizers cannot award a prize (or a portion of the prize) as described in the Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or a portion of the prize) of the same kind and value or, in their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or portion of the prize) as indicated in the section regarding a cash settlement.
5. Refusal to accept a prize. The refusal of a randomly selected person to accept a prize under the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules releases the Contest Organizers from any obligation related to that prize toward that person.
6. Limitation of liability - use of the prize. All selected winners release SAIL Plein air inc. and Sportium from any liability for any damage that may result from the acceptance or use of their prize. To be declared a winner and prior to obtaining the prize, any selected person agrees to sign, if required, a Release Form to this effect.
7. Limitation of liability - contest operation. Releasees are released, fully permitted by law, from any liability for the malfunction of any electronic component, software or communication link with respect to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, illegible or erased by any device or any network, and that may limit the possibility or prevent anyone from entering the Contest. The Releasees also disclaim any liability for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page, any software or any entry ballot, and the transmission of any information used to enter the Contest.
8. Guarantee. Any winner selected for a prize recognizes that no contractual guarantee is applicable to their prize.
9. Modifications. The Contest Organizers, as well as Cyril Chauquet, reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part in the event of a situation of force majeure, a human action, error or other intervention that could be liable to corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or operation of the Contest as provided for in these Contest Rules, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
10. Impossibility to act - labour dispute. The Releasees will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control or from a strike, lockout or other labour conflict within their establishment or in the establishment of the organizations or companies whose services are used for the holding of this Contest.
11. Limitation of liability - participation. By entering or attempting to enter this Contest, Entrants release, fully permitted by law, any liability from the Releasees for any damages that may be incurred by the Releasees as a result of an entry or attempt to enter the Contest. The Releasees disclaim any liability to the winner and, more generally, to any person for any failure to provide or deliver all or part of a prize for reasons arising from cases of force majeure, actions, laws, orders or requests from government entities, equipment failures, terrorist acts, war, fire, severe weather conditions, embargoes, labour disputes, strikes, lack of equipment, transportation delays of any kind, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Releasees.
12. Authorization. By participating in this Contest, the winners authorize the Contest Organizers, their partners and representatives and any person duly authorized by the Contest Organizers, to use, if required, their name, photograph, image, statement of the prize, place of residency, voice and any material submitted in connection with the Contest, without any form of remuneration, at their discretion and without limitation as to the period of use, in any medium and on a worldwide scale, for advertising purposes or for any other purposes deemed relevant.
13. Communication with Entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with Entrants in this Contest except with those selected for a prize.
14. Decisions of the contest organizers. Any decision of the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject in Quebec to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec relating to any matter pertaining to the Contest.
15. Dispute. A dispute as to the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for resolution. Any litigation regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for helping the parties reach a settlement.
16. Identification of the Entrant. For these Contest Rules, the Entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry and it is to this person that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner.
17. Rules. Complete Contest Rules are available on the website at sail.ca.
19. Modification(s) and / or cancellation. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, when required, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, modify the Contest draw dates, modify the present Contest Rules at any time, without prior notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, if, in the opinion of the Contest Organizers, in their sole and absolute discretion: (a) fraud, misconduct or technical malfunction destroys or threatens to destroy or impair the integrity of all or any part of the contest; (b) a virus or other technical problem has the effect of corrupting the administration, security or implementation of the contest; (c) an accident or administrative error, printing error, or any other error of any kind occurs in connection with the Contest. In the event of termination of the Contest, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to randomly determine the winner from all eligible entries received that appear legitimate, until the Contest End Date. If statements within these rules are found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the statements in question will remain in effect and will be enforced as if the statements that are invalid or inapplicable do not exist. Except where permitted by law, by accepting to enter the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (a) any recourse, claim, or compensation he/she may receive is limited to the actual and direct costs paid by the Entrant to enter the Contest, with the exclusion, in all cases, of the costs and legal fees of lawyers and other legal and judicial costs; (b) in no event shall an Entrant be entitled to receive and all Entrants waive their right to receive any compensation arising out of or in connection with any claims or remedies, or directly or indirectly arising from the awarding of punitive damages and, generally any damages other than the direct damages for expenses actually paid by the Entrant and excluding any damage multiplied, exemplary, or increased.
20. Quebec. In Quebec, any decision of the Contest Organizers and their representatives in connection with this Contest is final and without appeal, subject, when necessary, to the decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, for any issues relating to its jurisdiction.