Our customers and following governmental sanitary measures are our priority.
Here are the most recent updates on our services.
Last Updated: January 22, 2021
As we are still facing the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adapted and continue to adapt our operations in order to serve you safely and well. At the government’s request and to protect the safety of all Canadians, we have made some temporary changes to our business. We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience, understanding and support during these unprecedented times. Here are some of the measures we have taken in response to the current situation.
UPDATE CONCERNING OUR TEMPORARY STORE CLOSURE IN THE PROVINCES OF QUEBEC AND ONTARIO
Following the provincial government’s recent announcement, our eight stores located in the province of Quebec must close temporarily as of December 25, 2020 until February 8, 2021 inclusively, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Also following the provincial government’s recent announcement, our four stores located in the province of Ontario must close temporarily until February 19, 2021 inclusively, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You may continue to support local buying by shopping online, as we have implemented a solid and flexible structure allowing us to treat online orders efficiently:
Note that it is not possible:
- To purchase an item online listed as “in store only”
- To reserve an item sold in store for a future purchase
- To transfer an item from one store to another
- To obtain a discount voucher
- To pick up an online order at one of our store
We apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause.
- We are now offering curbside pickup at our Ottawa and Quebec City locations only (telephone orders only)
- Only new telephone orders totalling at least $75 before taxes will be eligible for curbside pickup.
- Enjoy this service by following the curbside pickup steps on our page.
We currently do not offer curbside pickup at any of our stores. Online orders will be delivered to the address of your choice, anywhere in Canada. See our Delivery page.
We have updated our return and exchange policy, If you have purchased an item in store or online and are not satisfied, you may opt for an easy and free return at any SAIL store (applicable on new, unused merchandise) within 15 days of the reopening of stores (dates may vary from Ontario to Quebec). Please remember to bring a receipt (physical or electronic) and the original packaging. Items purchased online may also be returned by mail in the 30 days following the purchase date thanks to the prepaid label attached to the packing slip. See more details here.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES IN OUR STORES
Ensuring the safety of both our customers and employees is our top priority. Here are some of the preventative measures we have put in place:
- All of our employees and customers must wear a mask covering the nose, mouth, and chin before entering one of our stores.
- Limited number of customers allowed inside our stores at any given time
- Preventative action signage at store entrances, checkout, and customer service desks (sales, returns, footwear, etc.) to remind customers of the social distancing and safety measures currently in place
- Signs and crowd control ropes to help direct customers around the checkouts and service desks (changing rooms, footwear, hunting and fishing counter, customer service, workshop)
- Distancing markers on the floor in order to encourage customers to maintain a safe distance
- Plexiglass shields at our checkout counters and other high-traffic areas, including customer service desks.
- Placed hand sanitizing stations at all of our store entrances;
- Procedure put into place to ensure that each customer entering the store disinfects hands with disinfecting gel
- Procedure put into place to ensure that each shopping cart has been disinfected
- Placed preventative action signage throughout our stores to remind customers of good hygiene practises;
- Created a dedicated in-store cleaning and disinfecting team;
- In addition to our increased daily sanitation practises, we have also increased the amount of time our employees spend cleaning and disinfecting our stores, including high-touch and high-traffic areas such as checkout lines, toilets and break rooms;
- Door handles, telephones, work stations, credit card readers, shopping cart handles and seats, as well as other high-touch areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected;
- All checkout equipment and surfaces (pin pads, counters, bar code readers and cash registers) are regularly cleaned and disinfected;
- Wearing of masks for all our employees
We would like to thank our customers for their cooperation and for respecting our sanitary regulations.
Limited Contact Shopping
- We encourage customers to avoid touching or handling any products that they do not intend to buy.
- Our changing rooms will remain open, but a limited number of clothing items will be allowed in the changing rooms to reduce the handling items.
- Customer cooperation will be required when trying on any footwear in order to limit contact with our employees.
- We accept cash, but we continue to recommend payment by debit or credit card.
- Contactless payment limits on most credit cards has been increased to $250 so that customers do not have to use the pin pad.
Under public health recommendations, we have provided our employees with clear instructions on how they can help prevent the spread of the virus. We provide all of our employees with continuous awareness on preventive hygiene measures, such as frequently washing their hands, coughing or sneezing into their elbow, monitoring their health, limiting physical contact with other people, wearing gloves and following all of the updated guidelines from our management team.
We have taken the necessary preventative measures in all of our workplaces, including our stores, warehouses, head office and distribution center. We make sure that social distancing and hygiene measures that we have put into place are followed in order to protect the health and safety of all.
We intend to offer the same service you are used to, though the putting into place of these measures could cause some delays in the services that we offer. We would like to thank our customers for their patience and understanding. We encourage everyone to be safe, but to continue to enjoy the outdoors as we know you love to do even in these unforeseen circumstances.